Friday, August 15, 2008

Pushed

So I started this blog out of boredom. I started this blog not really knowing where it would go. I still don't know where it's going. How could I? My crystal ball has been broken for years.
But being the silly computer illiterate person that I am, I was amazed that I could type in the name of my blog and watch it magically pop up. In fact I did just that, about 20 times after I wrote my first blog. I mean how could they let just anyone have a blog? Shouldn't there be some kind of test first? I kept waiting for it to not pop up. For some message saying "We're sorry your blog has been denied please try again!" But every day it's still here. I even have some readers. OK well one reader that I know of. Hi D, thanks for reading my blog.

Well after my blog stayed I decided to tell some friends. "Guess what?? I started a blog!" Feeling all yippee inside. "I started a blog and you can read it!" Most of my friends giggled and smiled. "That's nice A." Except one friend. One friend said "That's good, I'm glad you're doing that, but.. (ah the but that means everything after the but is what is true) But.. it better be good. Don't just say what you did today, you have to tell a story. It has to be good."

What!? A story? A good Story?? What?? I'm the girl in the AP English class barely scraping by. My papers always returned streaked in red, with a note saying "Your content is good, but (ah the but again) your grammar needs work!" Ah! Damn it to hell! It always sounds good in my brain. Then I try to put it on paper and I don't know what happens. The apostrophes and commas all swirl around in my head and dance and make little comma apostrophe conga lines. It's like I have mental grammar block.
So then I found myself not blogging. Not blogging because, "What if this is not good??" "What if this sucks?" Then D said "I noticed you haven't been blogging." I told him my fear.. his reply "Aw honey, just blog!" Guys always make things so simple. With that in mind I thought "What if this does suck? What are they going to do? Send me to blog hell?" And even if they do, blog hell is probably more fun than(is it than or then?? see what I mean? Ah!)
work.
So at any rate... I decided to listen to my friend and to D. I'm just going to blog while trying to tell a story. Hopefully my grammar will catch up with my brain and people will actually be able to decipher what I am saying.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You're hilarious! More power to you! I like to read blogs, but I have no desire to write one-not enough to say...

Anonymous said...

It's "than" in that case.

:o )

And blog whatever you feel like blogging. Some of my blogs are "this is what I did today" because not all of my friends live in Norfolk and not all of them are good about talking on the phone, so I post recaps of the past week or month, I share pictures, I do what I can to maintain friendships that in a pre-internet world, I might not have been able to maintain. So what?

Some of my posts are just for me, private, like a diary. I don't even make them public for anyone to view, only I can see them.

Some of my posts are stories, embellished versions of reality, or complete fabrications. Some of them are poems, random observations. Some of them are venting outlets - bitching about work, relationships, or whatever.

A blog is an outlet, creative or not, a means for documenting your thoughts and opinions, a history to return to when you want to remember something (good or bad). Sometimes I blog because the only way to better understand my feelings is to force myself to face them, head on, and turn them into black and white text.

-Kara