Saturday, November 22, 2008

So now what?

"No no no, this is perfectly normal, your skin is supposed to be falling off. See if you have no skin then you have no wrinkles." I laughed trying to soothe this poor sobbing woman desperate to be young again. So desperate that she would let me put acid on her face, she would let me burn her face with a laser, she would let me inject a toxin into her muscles, she would spend any amount of money to obtain beauty while her bills piled up. She actually told me that should could not pay her mortgage that month and in the next breath she asked, "Do you have any cream to help the dark circles under my eyes?" I suggest paying your bills and getting a good night sleep, or you can buy this $100 cream that might work. There she was looking to me for a miracle and all I could do was soothe her with false platitudes and expensive procedures.

Hearing those words from my lips woke me up. I hated my job! But I was making good money, so now what?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You get a better one helping people. And I think you have :)