Sunday, December 6, 2009

Interrupted

I interrupt this blog post that was going to contain - haunted hotel stories, me learning something about myself, Santa Bar Crawl and more to report on our dog.

Chance our lovable rescue brendal pitt-boxer mix just tripped me as I was walking across the living room with my laptop. (I am having a hard time constructing sentences right now. I keep wondering if they are run-ons.(is run-ons even a word? See what I mean.) Damn trying to learn grammar- always getting in my way. I'll be happy when it becomes second nature; like the way you arrive home from work not really remembering how you got there.) I had the open laptop balanced in my arms it was playing Jack Johnson Rodeo Clowns. I took two steps towards the couch trying to lift the cords from the back and keep them from tripping me. Apparently my computers cords and I had come in between Chance and his beloved green ball. The cord began to hit him in the head and stopped me short as I was walking. Though he could have easily taken a step back and solve the problem he refused to move as I proceeded to trip and try to balance the computer. It was then that I realized he was all tangled up and getting whacked in the head. "Chance buddy move!" I said loudly, not quite a yell but a firm command. Still he stood there looking at his ball but squinting his eyes as the cord continued to whack him. Finally I caught my balance and was able to pull the cords up and over his head allowing me to take the remaining two steps to the couch. Crazy damn (that is a loving damn) dog. He still didn't move, finally after a minute he grabbed his ball and brought it to me dripping with dog drool.

"I am not throwing that thing." I say to him. He then pulled out the doggie charm. He pouted and looked as sad as one of those dogs in the Sarah Maclaughin videos where they are dogs are abused and abandoned. Head down, puppy eyes up, ears flat back. I'm telling you, if they gave Oscars to dogs he would have just won. "Pathetic!" I said to him. I swear he smiled at me; smiled. Crazy crafty dog. I love him.

Now I am going to snuggle on the couch with my boys and watch a movie. It's relax and cook Sunday-my favorite day.

And, yes I did indeed throw the ball.

No comments: