Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Procrastination

I realized many months, no make that many years ago, that I am a horrible procrastinator. (note the just getting around to writing about it now) Maybe not horrible, horrible has such a negative connotation (procrastinator yes, Polly prissy pants no), how about wonderful? I am a wonderful procrastinator.

I was sitting about yesterday in my normal procrastinator mode; I should clean something, nah, why clean today when I can do it tomorrow as I run about the house preparing for my first day at my new job? That will be a much better use of my time, when I can add procrastination to scatterbrained (a loving term my Mom uses for me) and have a fun filled morning! I will already be scurrying to and fro like a puppy with too many toys.... Where are my socks? Where are my shoes? Where is my nursing license? I'm hungry. I should make some toast. Walk to the toaster. Oh yea I left my wash in the washer, shoot! Walk to the washer. Open the door to unload the washer. I want to listen to some music. Leave the washer open. Look for computer. Turn on computer. Shoot, my clothes! Walk back to washer. Begin to move clothes from washer to dryer. Dang, (yes I really say dang, it's a fun word to say) I didn't hit play. Walk back to computer. Hit play. Gee I'm hungry. Where is my toast? Oh yea I didn't put any toast in the toaster. Walk towards the toaster. Oh, my clothes. Turn towards the washer. Ah, but the bread can be toasting while I finish unloading the washer. Put bread in the toaster. Walk back to the washer, manage to finish loading the dryer. This is so much fun, I should blog about this. Log on to the Internet. Oh yea I want to add some pictures to my Facebook. Look for my camera. Bring my camera to the computer. Hear the toast pop up. Uh, I would have to get off the stool for that. Feel stomach growl. Sip coffee instead. Start to write blog. Hear text message ding. Read text message. Respond to text message. Receive next text message. Respond to text message. Go back to writing blog. Stomach growls. Look longingly at toast. I can eat you on the way out the door. Oh Facebook. Nah that will have to wait. Look at time at bottom of computer screen. Shit!! I still need to shower and clean and eat and find nursing license and shoes and for the love will I ever get organized and finish this damn blog....

No comments: