Monday, November 2, 2009

NaBloPoMo

Alright, I'm going to give this years National Blog Post Month a shot; 30 Blogs in 30 days. What will I have to talk about every day? I have no clue, but it seems like a fun challenge. So here goes.

Last night D made some fabulous Brunswick stew and I decided to try my hand at bread knots that my step mom makes every year for Christmas. I was pretty amazed with myself. They came out soft on the inside and beautiful brown on the outside. All I could say was, "I can't believe I made good bread!" over and over. Which sounded more like "Wa ant leve wa ma goo bed" since my mouth was full of bread each time I said it. I was also able to make a huge batch of brown and serve rolls. Nothing crazy happened for once.

Well, besides leaving a wooden spoon in the mixer while it was running and
having it break in half and bend one of my mixer attachments shooting half of the spoon across the kitchen. Making D duck saying, "What the heck was that?"

"Sorry honey I turned to look at the recipe and the spoon broke"

"Ok. New rule. No leaving spoons in the mixer."

"Good one honey."

Then he helped me check the dough for splinters. Kneading dough is super fabulous. I don't know why anyone would want to use a bread machine, then the machine gets to do the fun part. I even gave D a shot at kneading though he didn't like the flour all over his hands I did see him smile while punching the dough.

1 comment:

ParkPlacePioneer said...

Kneeding the dough is good anger therapy!