Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Park it

"GO ALREADY! I'M TRYING TO PARK!" is what you would hear if you are inside the car with me and I am trying to parallel park and another car is behind me.

I don't know why. Maybe it's because I can't do one smooth parking motion but instead reverse and forward about ten times, check my mirrors, still not in the spot so I pull out and start all over again. Unless of course there is now a new car behind me. In which case I will speed off cursing like a sailor.

"For the love of Christ! Can't a girl just park a car without an audience?"

Forget a busy street with sidewalk cafes where people can watch my hideous attempt. Not going to happen. If there is not a spot at the end of the line where I can just pull in, I will drive around and around. If I am lucky enough to be driving with someone who is not parallel parking disabled I yell "Chinese fire drill!" and make them park the car.

D knows this routine already and just drives to any location where parallel parking is required. But D wasn't with me tonight and I had to parallel park and lets just say my Mom would have washed my mouth out with soap. (Sorry Mom but there was a huge line of cars behind me.)

I did manage to park to car though, after only 3 attempts and sweaty pits to show for it. Thank goodness it's fall and I could wear a sweater jacket.

No comments: