Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Spare tire

I got dressed for the gym yesterday- I put on my black strecthy capri pants, (the ones with the paint mark on the butt because I wore them once while painting and backed into a wall but they are my favorite workout pants so I refuse to throw them out and instead have prepared a come back should anyway poke fun of me at the gym) my sports bra, my fluorescent orange workout shirt and jacket, laced up my shoes, put my hair in a pony tail.

It's the closest I have come to a work out in over a week. That's right last week I thought up an excuse every single day.

Monday- it's my day off!
Tues- I have class.
Wed- I tried to give blood, didn't have enough iron, but still ate the cookies.
Thurs-It's yucky outside and I should work on my writing.
Fri- Masquerade, Family dinner, help a friend make poison apples for Halloween.
Sat- It's Halloween.
Sun-The only day I have to relax with D (somehow he made it to the gym, I needed to straighten the house.)

That brought me back to Mon- It's my day off. Aha! So I started to see the pattern and I started to feel the fat bulging over my skinny jeans. Would anyone look at me and call me fat? Not without a kick to the shin. Do I know that I am more squishy than just a few months ago. Absolutely! I have fought this up and down battle my whole life.

So I made plans with a friend to run last night. It's harder to stand up a friend-though I have done it. No, I got in my car and I drove over to my friends. About half way there I had a hard time steering the car. I was almost there so I kept going. When I parked and got out-flat tire.

Freaking flat tire- pretty soon I'll have a spare tire!

1 comment:

ParkPlacePioneer said...

Excuxes, excuses, excuses! :)